With just a little of your time, you can make your game more successful, reach new players and increase your game revenue. Use these 6 creative steps to promote your game and connect with your fans.
Spread the Word About Your Game
It’s no secret that game marketing is one of the most important parts in game development. These short tips will explain you how to do the basic promotion for your game. For more advanced options and details, simply search the web - you will find plenty of useful information about game promotion.
Game promotion can be started even prior to its release. Here’s a short scheme what can be done before and after your game launch.
- Create a blog (you can use it as the main informational page for your game).
- Use social networks (where you can repost blog posts). The most important ones: Facebook page, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+.
- Start posting content related to your game (sketches, ideas, short gameplay videos, etc.), repost from other TutoTOONS users and topics that might be interested for your target audience.
- Promote content about your game through forums, YouTube channels, bloggers, Twitter users with the same target audience.
- Ask TutoTOONS community for promotion.
- Ask your friends to help share your posts.
Note: You can find more details about each of the pre- and post-release promotion steps in our other articles.
Example: LightDrop Games
Written By Iurii Znak